In the mood of a crunchy snack? Go ahead ! Low-Carb, low-calorie .. whatever diet you're on .
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Grate the zucchini with a mandolin vegetable slicer or a cheese slicer. Place the slices on a large cutting board.
- Salt carefully and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove excess liquid with paper towels .
- Brush or spray oil on the zucchini. Place the slices on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and let dry until the chips have turned a nice color. Set a timer and check after an hour. Perhaps lower the heat to 150°F (75°C) or lower and continue to dry.
- Make sure to pay attention towards the end. Burned zucchini has a bitter flavor. Let the baking sheets shift positions in the oven if you don’t have a hot air oven.
- Remove the chips from the oven when they are dry and let cool on a rack (without the parchment paper). Enjoy as they are, or serve with a dip.