You've probably heard of zucchini strips to make zoodles(noodles+zucchini = zoodles!) but hey you can make thin very long slices across the zucchini to use as a lasagna strip !
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna
- 3 cups sugar-free marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 large zucchinis sliced thin into strips
- Combine sauce and sliced mushrooms, set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cheeses, egg, and parsley. Season with s&p if desired.
- In a large baking dish, layer zucchini, cheese mixture, and the sauce as many times as you like and end with a sprinkling of cheese on top!
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until cheese is golden and zucchini is cooked through.