This is a dietetics favorite. So easy and so delicious and so healthy you might want to double the recipe in case others snatch it before you get to taste!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 loose cups baby spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with oil. Gently remove the stems, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic and green pepper and season with salt. Cook until soft. Add the baby spinach and saute until wilted, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl add the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and egg, mix well. Add the cooked vegetables and basil and mix. Stuff the mushrooms with cheese mixture and top each with 2 tbsp marinara, 2 tbsp mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for. 30 min. Garnish with basil and enjoy!